Director of Outreach and Engagement
Job Type: Part-time
Salary Range: $19-$20/hour
Creating a Jewish community in which all Jews feel welcome and valued and in which they can fully participate, is a priority of the St. Paul Jewish Federation. To accomplish this, we seek an engaging, dynamic, and motivated professional to develop opportunities for Jews who are new, unengaged, under-engaged, or feel excluded from being fully active members of their Jewish community.
Our Concierge will use their extraordinary people and organizational skills to customize interconnected series of personal contacts to help individuals and families explore opportunities for connection to the organized Jewish community. This would include welcoming newcomers, providing Jews of all denominations and demographics access to information and resources, guiding engagement as people transition from one life stage to the next, facilitating participation in programs, events, and services, and making individual connections among members of the community.
Connections may be based on interests and hobbies, such as hiking, movies, and book clubs; tikkun olam volunteer projects; identifying with a specific segment of Jews or aspect to Judaism (ex: single Jewish Parents, interfaith couples and families, baal teshuva, Jewish food, Jews of color, members of the LGBTQ community, Israelis who live in St. Paul, Sephardic, Ashkenazi, Mizrachi); connecting through other commonalities (ex: geography, profession, etc.). These and similar types of activities will help strengthen Jewish engagement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the central liaison and resource to encourage engagement in the Jewish community, ensure the online visibility of information for engagement, and manage data.
- Through strong, positive relationships with Jewish communal institutions, serve as a resource and feeder for activities and programs of synagogues, agencies, and organizations.
- Work with and support SPJF colleagues and their programs including PJ Library, PJ Our Way, YALA, Partnership 2Gether, RAJMN, Development, etc.
- Initiate and collaborate programs with Agencies and Synagogues throughout the year, including receptions, holiday events, and Shabbat dinners.
- Assist in the execution and represent Federation at community events including but not limited to Twin Cities Pride Jewish community booth, Twin Cities Mental Health Conference, and the Jewish community’s participation in Pride Parade.
- Identify and develop relationships with members of the St. Paul Jewish community who are willing to welcome and develop relationships with new, unengaged, and under-engaged members by engaging them socially, sharing Shabbat and holiday meals, inviting them to community events, etc.
Experience and Qualifications Requirements:
- Exceptional people skills, able to engage and build relationships with community members of all backgrounds and demographics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a social work, education, counseling, nonprofit management, or related fields and at least 2 years of professional experience in program coordination and/or community engagement preferred
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Experience in utilizing database systems, social media, and virtual meeting platforms to further programs
- Strong knowledge of Jewish community, culture, and practices. Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community
- Experience managing and developing projects and budgets
- Experience working with volunteers, particularly in the non-profit sector.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Amber Bishop, email@example.com.