PJ Library Coordinator
St. Paul Jewish Federation
790 Cleveland Ave. S., Suite 227, St. Paul MN
The St. Paul Jewish Federation seeks a part-time (15-20 hours) program coordinator for its PJ Library program. PJ Library supports St. Paul families by providing free monthly, age-appropriate, Jewish-content books and music to more than 450 children ages 6 months to 8 years.
Additionally, through social media, e-newsletters and community programs, PJ Library offers opportunities for families to enhance their connections to the Jewish community and to one another. Primary duties and responsibilities of the coordinator includes all aspects of the program including its marketing, recruitment and enrollment of new participants, and developing and implementing events, often in collaboration with other Jewish organizations. The ideal candidate will be passionate and creative and will work with an advisory committee, the national PJ Library organization and local Jewish institutions.
Special Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in event planning & coordination, marketing, non-profit administration, and/or work with families with young children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and able to communicate clearly through oral and written means
- Must be proficient and experienced in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to communicate successfully with families, volunteers, staff members and community organizations
- Able to work collaboratively with a team, as well as effective independently
- Must understand and be able to utilize various social media and digital platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Constant Contact, etc.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Knowledge of or familiarity with non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of child development, early childhood education or family engagement
- Experience working with volunteers and committee process
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and culture
- Position requires the use of a car to travel in and carry equipment to program events and meetings
- Hours are flexible with some evening and weekend attendance at programs, meetings and events required