Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Date Last Updated: 8/23/2012
Job ID #: 10302
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of Somerset, Huntindon and Warren CountiesLocation:
Bridgewater, New JerseyStatus:
Chief Development Officer
Jewish Federation of Somerset, Hunterdon and Warren
The Jewish Federation is committed to connecting and building a vibrant Jewish community in our local communities, in Israel and worldwide. Through leadership and strategic relationships with partner agencies, we help develop and leverage the community's resources to address needs and solve community problems.
Our Jewish community numbers about 11, 000 and the campaign raises $915K annually. We have a modest endowment of about $500K. One of our goals is to increase the number of individuals connected philanthropically in our community. Over the last two years, our Federation successfully created a unique leadership development program now being replicated in other communities. We are seeking a chief development professional to spearhead the Federation’s fundraising activities and to partner with our CEO in creating greater engagement opportunities that will appeal to our diverse Jewish community.
The Chief Development Officer has primary responsibility for implementing a clear and passionate vision for growing our campaign. S/he will design and execute a comprehensive and diversified fundraising plan which includes working with special events, major gifts, call nights, solicitation training, donor research, corporate sponsorships, direct mail, e-philanthropy, special campaigns, endowment, and outreach. In addition, this person will work closely with our Women’s Philanthropy, Young Leadership and Business Networking Groups. The CDO will play a key role in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donors.
The candidate should have outstanding organizational and communication skills necessary to build strong and trusted relationships with staff, donors and volunteers. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, this individual will work with another staff member as well as with several groups of volunteer leaders including the Campaign Cabinet to implement all philanthropic objectives.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred) with at least 3 years of experience and increasing responsibility in resource development/ability to demonstrate success in past fund raising roles/knowledge of how to manage and conducting phone campaigns as well as individual solicitations.
- Some experience developing and implementing a successful development or business plan.
- Effective communications – outstanding written and verbal skills and the ability to make sound data based judgments.
- Exceptional computer/data base/software skills
- Thinks and acts strategically and with accountability. Demonstrated success in developing and implementing short and long term strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
- Demonstrates innovation, creativity and a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to inspire others and build commitment through articulating a clear and understandable vision.
- Ability to problem-solve in order to implement a vision utilizing data and other relevant information. Understands the use of analytics to develop and implement plans.
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to interact with multiple constituencies.
- The successful candidate will possess a personal commitment to Jewish values and knowledge of Jewish traditions.
- Experience in the Jewish Federation is desirable. While it is not a pre-requisite for this position, candidates must demonstrate knowledge of the Federation movement, its partners and the network of agencies that are supported by the Federation. Candidates with prior experience in corporate sales and marketing experience and a client focused mindset are welcome.
- Good judgment and the highest level of integrity.
Desired Education Degree/Level:
2-5 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA - MCLE - RWContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.