Job Title: Chief Development Officer
Date Last Updated: 7/25/2012
Job ID #: 10140
Campaign/Financial Resource DevelopmentOrganization Name:
Jewish Federation of Monmouth CountyLocation:
Manalapan, New JerseyStatus:
Chief Development Officer
Jewish Federation of Monmouth County
The Jewish Federation of Monmouth County is committed to connecting and building a vibrant Jewish community in our local communities, in Israel and worldwide. Through leadership and strategic relationships with partner agencies, we help develop and leverage the community's resources to address needs and solve community problems.
The Jewish community in Monmouth County numbers approximately 75,000. One of our goals is to increase the number of individuals connected Jewishly and philanthropically in our community. We will be rolling out a series of new engagement and fundraising approaches to best connect our constituents’ interests and passions to meaningful involvement and impact in our Jewish community. We are seeking a chief development professional to spearhead the Federation’s fundraising activities and to both plan and implement our development program.
The Chief Development Officer has primary responsibility for implementing a comprehensive and compelling development plan for the Jewish Federation of Monmouth County, including special events, major gifts, corporate sponsorships, direct response communications (direct mail, e-philanthropy, telemarketing, etc.) missions, leadership development, affinity group campaigns and planned giving.
S/he will play a key role in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donors. The candidate should have outstanding organizational and communication skills necessary to build strong and trusted relationships with staff, donors and volunteers. Reporting to the Executive Director, this individual will coordinate a small team of professionals, as well as work with several groups of volunteers in implementing these philanthropic objectives.
Qualifications and Success Factors:
- Bachelor’s degree required (advanced degree preferred) with at least 7 years of experience and increasing responsibility in resource development roles, with at least 3 years managing teams or a department.
- Demonstrated success increasing financial resources and creating new partners. Experience developing and implementing a successful development or business plan.
- Leads and manages change including anticipating the impact of emerging trends and incorporating into decision making.
- Effective communications - excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to make sound data based judgments.
- Thinks and acts strategically and with accountability. Demonstrated success in developing and implementing short and long term strategic activities and tasks with clear goals, objectives and measurement tools.
- Strong management and leadership skills, including demonstrated success in ensuring teamwork and collaboration for high performing teams in a culture of accountability and discipline. Experience in successful coaching and supervision of team members.
- Demonstrates innovation, creativity and a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to inspire others and build commitment through articulating a clear and understandable vision.
- Ability to problem-solve in order to implement a vision utilizing data and other relevant information. Understands the use of analytics to develop and implement plans.
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to interact with multiple constituencies.
- The successful candidate will possess a personal commitment to Jewish values and knowledge of Jewish traditions.
- While knowledge about the Jewish Federation is desirable, it is not a pre-requisite for this position. Candidates with significant corporate sales and marketing experience and a client focused mindset are particularly welcome.
- Good judgment and the highest level of integrity.
To apply, please contact Beth.Jenis@JewishFederations.org. Desired Education Degree/Level:
5-10 yrs. experienceContact For Job:
JFNA MCLE - BJContact Title:
ConsultantPreferred Contact Method:
E-mailSubmit Resume to:
Want to apply for this job online? Click Here.